Jessica O’Neill, Bilingual Case Manager, provides care coordination to eligible participants during office hours
We connect individuals to services that they need.
We offer short and long-term case management services that are designed to address the delicate needs of drug using individuals, with a focus on advocacy and self-empowerment. Case management services are available at our office location during office hours and are generally restricted to individuals who are current drug users or those recently entering their recovery process. All case management encounters are documented in electronic and hard copy records to increase care coordination among counseling and health services staff. There is no cost associated with case management services and we will work with individuals to obtain services regardless of health insurance or citizenship status.
Case management services include, but are not limited to:
- Referrals to drug treatment such as in-patient detoxification, Buprenorphine or Methadone Maintenance, crisis centers, or long-term residential treatment programs
- Referrals into shelter or other social services related to entitlements, job placement, legal council, food pantries, clothing distribution centers, post-incarceration services, and much more
- Service coordination for housing placement opportunities
- Escorts to medical, dental, or mental health appointments
- Written, telephone, or in-person advocacy with other service providers
Masters of Social Work (MSW) internships and field placements are offered for students of Columbia University School of Social Work and Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College. Please contact our Program Director if you are interested in a placement.
Our Case Management services are generously funded by the H. van Ameringen Foundation